Do you want to be where you are right now this same time next year? Do you have a plan for growth? Can you “see” yourself where you want to be? If you see nothing, you can expect nothing. When you get an image in your mind, it is liking giving your brain a blueprint to begin building.
Genesis 30 tells us about Jacob, the son of Isaac and the grandson of Abraham, making a deal with Laban, his father-in-law, to get all of Laban’s spotted and speckled lambs that would be born in the next year. These lambs would be Jacob’s payment for working that next year. Laban took all of his current spotted, speckled and dark lambs and put them in another pasture far from his current pasture and left the white animals with Jacob. Jacob made a sort of lattice work with dark and light wood and placed it at the watering trough where the animals would come every day to drink. He also put the lattice in front of the strongest females when they mated. The result? Jacob went away at the end of the year with more spotted and speckled lambs who were stronger than Laban’s current flock and was exceedingly wealthy!
Proverbs 23:7 reads, “As a man thinks in his heart, so is he.” This scripture tells us what we think about, we become.
Proverbs 29:18 says that where there is no vision, the people perish. Without a vision, you will perish. A vision board is a great way to keep your vision before you and allow your brain to formulate a plan for success.
HOW TO CREATE A VISION AND VISION BOARD
- Pray and listen. Ask the Lord what He wants you to get serious about. If you don’t hear anything, get serious about something and correct course along the way.
- Be specific. If you want to get out of debt, determine what the exact amount is to get you out of debt. If you want a new house, list every feature you want that house to have, the amount of land, how much you want to spend, etc. The more details you have, the quicker the manifestation. In Habakkuk 2 it says to “write the vision and make it plain”.
- Find pictures to match your dreams and your goals. We think in pictures, not words. Whatever it is – a car, new business, weigh-loss goal – find a picture to go along with it.
- Do you want to be where you are right now this same time next year? Do you have a plan for growth? Can you “see” yourself where you want to be? If you see nothing, you can expect nothing. When you get an image in your mind, it is liking giving your brain a blueprint to begin building.Buy a cork board or poster board to put your pictures on.
- Put the vision board in plain sight. Out of sight is out of mind. If you are looking at it, your brain will see to it that it comes to pass. Put your vision board where you will see it very frequently. Make it a point to look at it and see yourself succeeding at that goal. Put pictures on your mirrors, refrigerator, your back door, wherever you will see several times a day.
- Don’t be scared to set BIG goals. Below is an excerpt from an interview with Jack Canfield of Chicken Soup for the Soul. His first book, A Hundred Ways to Enhance Self-Concept in the Classroom, had been out for about two years, but wasn’t selling. He was asked to set a goal that was big! So, Mr. Canfield said…
…I want to make $100,000 in the next calendar year. Now, at that time I had a job as a school teacher, and I was making $8,000 a year, so that would be twelve times my income in one year. I didn’t see how I could do that; they don’t pay teachers extra if they do a good job. But, he said set the goal anyway and let’s see what happens. So the technique I was using was to visualize every day having $100,000. I made a $100,000 bill by taking a hundred dollar bill and using a projection screen, projecting it up onto a flip chart, so it was larger, then I traced it and added three zeros to it so it looked like $100,000. It was large, about three feet by two feet, and I put it up on the ceiling above my bed. So every morning I’d wake up, I’d see the hundred thousand dollar bill, and I’d say my affirmation: “God is my unlimited supply. May large sums of money come to me quickly and easily under the grace of God, for the highest good of all concerned. I am easily earning, saving, and investing a $100,000 a year.” Then I would close my eyes and I would visualize living a $100,000 lifestyle. What would my house look like? What would my car look like? What charities would I be contributing to? And so forth. Then I would get up and take my shower and go about my day, which at that time was being a teacher.
For the rest of story, go to http://www.shareguide.com/Canfield2.html and be inspired!
Science has shown that when dreams and goals are kept in front of you, success improves 98%!
One concept that Jack Canfield grabbed a hold of is confirmed by Romans 4:17 where God calls those things that are not as though they are. This is exactly what we should be doing! Start thanking God for (insert your goal here).
We would love to hear how your life changes after designing your vision board. If you already utilize vision boards, please comment below to give those new to this concept encouragement.